“Justice Services are currently operating reduced opening times from Bridge Street Office, Dumbarton. Those wishing to access this service can present between 10-1pm, Tuesday and Thursdays (if you have no symptoms of Covid 19). Alternatively please call 01389 738484 where your call will be directed appropriately.”
Criminal Justice Social Work Services main aims include:
- Tackling criminal behaviour and reducing risk of re-offending
- Supervising offenders in the community
- Assisting prisoners re-settle into the community after release from custody
Main services include:
- assessments and reports on offenders to courts to assist decisions on sentencing
- court social work services to assist those attending court whether as witnesses, accused people or offenders
- supervising offenders in the community on community payback orders to tackle offending behaviour
- supervising offenders on drug treatment and testing orders to reduce drug related crime
- supervising offenders who are required to perform unpaid, useful work for the benefit of the community as part of their order
- preparing reports for the Parole Board to assist decisions about release from prison
- throughcare services including parole, supervised release and other prison aftercare orders to assist public safety and community protection
The Women’s Safety Service supports women involved in the Criminal Justice system affected by Domestic Abuse.
Access to the service is through court orders or sentences.